Back 9 of the Kodiak Reserve Golf Club
The following review is for the 18-hole championship version of this course.
- Course has a very signature feel; its obvious that this is a tastegw course from the opening tee shot
- Dense, yet tasteful grass/bush planting that wont kill resources but creates an immersive experience
- Some ultra-memorable holes that will keep you coming back for more (6, 7, 9, 11, 17)
- The layout of this course dictates to the player how it will be played, imposing its will on you from the first hole; not many options for routes to the hole or shot shape variety
- None of the 4 par 5s are gettable in 2 shots...maybe one of them, but requires the right wind and a perfect drive, which takes a touch of the thrill and fun out of the experience
- A touch too many blind shots, either through terrain shaping or high-grasses
Obviously a very good golf course with lots of thought, detail, and imagination. The firmness and speed of the greens will probably turn a few people off. I was having trouble even holding wedges on some of the greens, which gets unnecessarily frustrating at times. Not the best Jeremy Blaylock course we've seen, but definitely a solid addition to the repertoire and one that many will enjoy. Check out all versions of this course (different lengths) to find the right fit for you. 4.5/5.0 and recommended.
|No hosted tournaments for this course.|