Welcome to Kodiak Reserve Golf Club, home of Canada's retired circus bears. These tame elder bears roam free on this reserve, and its all paid for by the good folks who donate and play golf at this world class golf course. These elder bears may be tame and old, but please keep your distance, because they are....still freakin' bears. Your donation of $35 for 9 holes or $55 for a full 18 will keep these unwanted elder circus bears well fed and cared for. We also accept just pure donations even if you do not enjoy a round of golf, or just can't make it out to our reserve. Despite the really fast greens, this course plays more on the easy side. It's meant to be more fun and relaxing rather than frustrating, but do keep in mind, it still may bite you in the rear from time to time. It's a short course, coming in at just under 6500 yards.
The review below is for the championship version of this course. This version is 600 yards shorter.
- Course has a very signature feel; its obvious that this is a tastegw course from the opening tee shot
- Dense, yet tasteful grass/bush planting that wont kill resources but creates an immersive experience
- Some ultra-memorable holes that will keep you coming back for more (6, 7, 9, 11, 17)
- The layout of this course dictates to the player how it will be played, imposing its will on you from the first hole; not many options for routes to the hole or shot shape variety
- None of the 4 par 5s are gettable in 2 shots...maybe one of them, but requires the right wind and a perfect drive, which takes a touch of the thrill and fun out of the experience
- A touch too many blind shots, either through terrain shaping or high-grasses
Obviously a very good golf course with lots of thought, detail, and imagination. The firmness and speed of the greens will probably turn a few people off. I was having trouble even holding wedges on some of the greens, which gets unnecessarily frustrating at times. Not the best Jeremy Blaylock course we've seen, but definitely a solid addition to the repertoire and one that many will enjoy. Check out all versions of this course (different lengths) to find the right fit for you. 4.5/5.0 and recommended.
|No hosted tournaments for this course.|