Tree lined rolling countryside course. It's all out there in front of you with no tricks. Tree lined fairways can make it tough if you go off line. Straight driving and reading tough greens will score well here
|No hosted tournaments for this course.|
Other Courses by Mark Davies
- lightning is very well chosen
- the undulating terrain creates some very interesting holes
- almost perfect blending & bunkering
- the course has a very natural & untouched look; I liked that
- a few marginal holes regarding length (eg. Hole #6; a 640y Par5)
- greens are absolutely challenging, might challenge the not so good players a bit too much maybe
I've not played any of the other 15 or so courses from this designer so can't speak as to their quality but this latest creation is well worth playing. The course layout, use of elevation and lighting choice all combine to make for some great visuals and the holes themselves are varied and well thought out. Looking at the leader-boards some people have gone very low on this course but even in just the 8-10mph winds I had it offered a decent challenge without resorting to any 'cheap tricks'.
The only (very) minor issue I had with the course is that the fairways are set firmer than the greens meaning that when I landed shots just short of the green they would often take a huge bounce forward (This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine that maybe no one else cares about).